Thai massage has many roots, such as Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda, Buddhism and Yoga. This massage harmonizes Body, Spirit and Emotions, in order to restore a harmonious energetic current within the body.
It works on the deep and superficial fasciae, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles. It has benefits on the whole body, especially the nervous system, digestive and respiratory system.
The massage is given on the ground on a futon, dressed in comfortable clothing.
Three key points of the Thai Massage
- Energetic work, which consists in executing movements and pressures on certain points along the meridian lines. This is essentially done with the palm of the hands and fingers, and also with the forearms, elbows and feet.
- Stretching work, or fluid and dynamic movements inspired by yoga postures, achieved with the help of the therapist in a mutual movement. It allows a joint’s relaxation and a muscle’s stretch.
- The therapist has a meditation attitude which allows to intuitively connect with the customer in order the feel and locate the blockages.
THAI MASSAGE BENEFITS
- Unlocks muscles tensions and energetic blockages
- Gives flexiblity and mobility
- Stimulates blood and lymphatic’s circulatory system
- Eases the pain
- Improves sleep and digestion
As the TUINA massage, the benefits will get stronger if we do it on a regular basis. The benefits will also be reinforced if you combine a healthy diet, sports, and a healthy lifestyle. It is very important for me to be aware of your old and new injuries before starting the treatment.