This massage impacts the deep muscle layers, fasciae, joints and tendons. This technique shares the same basis as the Swedish massage, with a more intense pressure mostly localized on the muscle’s tensions areas and muscle knots called « trigger points ». Those trigger points are painful during the palpation and pressure, and can also lead to specific radiating pain and muscle tensions.
Deep Tissue Massage specifics
- Slow and deep movements bring immediate relaxation to the muscles, reduce the adhesions and improve physiologic fonctions of tissue’s oxygenation and nourishment.
- You get back joints mobility and range of motion.
- Immediate decrease of pain and tensions
- I use essential oils suitable for this massage, such as wintergreen, arnica, helichrysum, rosemary…
- If tensions are deep and old, I can also use static or sliding suction cups.
Deep-Tissue is perfect for…
- If you practice sports on a regular basis (yoga, running, tennis, golf, dance, windsurf…)
- If you are an athlete doing intense training and competitions
- If you have an intense work-life with many constraints and if you over stimulate your muscles
- If you work in front of a computer with a bad sitting posture
- If you had repetitive injuries and chronic pain.
To summarize the Deep-Tissue massage benefits
- At the end of every session, I give you advice based on your lifestyle in order to reduce the pain and improve your daily life.